This is Martin Bright's mathematical home page.
I am a member of the Mathematisch
Instituut at the University of
Leiden in the Netherlands.
I work in the area of Diophantine equations and
arithmetic geometry, specifically on the Brauer–Manin
obstruction and related questions about rational points on varieties.
In the spring of 2018 I will be
teaching Algebra 3 in Leiden, and
the Mastermath course
Curves, with Marco Streng.
Here is a list of my publications
and preprints, together with slides from some talks.
Notes from the Autumn School in Mainz, October 2017, now available here.
Look me up on Google Scholar
Conferences and workshops
Where I will be
Where I have been
- 23–27 October 2017: Constructing cryptographic multilinear maps, AIM, San José, California, USA
- 9–13 October 2017: Topics in Arithmetic and Algebraic Geometry, Mainz, Germany
- 11–15 September 2017: Diophantine Problems (DIOP), Manchester, UK
- 3–7 July 2017: Rational Points 2017, Schney, Germany
- 7–9 June 2017: Journées Algophantiennes Bordelaises 2017, Bordeaux, France
- 26–30 September 2016: Rational Points and Algebraic Geometry, CIRM, Luminy, France
- 4–8 April 2016: Explicit Methods in Number Theory: conference in honour of John Cremona's 60th birthday, Warwick, UK
- 28 June–5 July 2015: Rational Points 2015, Schney, Germany
- 25–29 May 2015: Rational Points / Pontos Racionais at IMPA, Rio de Janeiro
- 12–16 May 2014: Workshop on Rational and integral points on higher-dimensional varieties at the American Institute of Mathematics in Palo Alto, Califorinia
- March 2014: Visiting the Mathematics Institute at the University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
- March 2014: Visiting the Department of Mathematics at the University of Bristol, UK
- February 2014: Visiting the Department of Mathematics at Rice University, Houston, Texas
Things I have organised
My PhD research (2002) involved doing some computations on diagonal
quartic surfaces. Here are
some bits of code and
Last modified: 20 December 2017