This is Martin Bright's mathematical home page.
I am a member of the Mathematisch
Instituut at the University of
Leiden in the Netherlands.
I work in the area of Diophantine equations and
arithmetic geometry, specifically on the Brauer–Manin
obstruction and related questions about rational points on varieties.
In the spring of 2017 I am
teaching the Mastermath course
Curves, with Marco Streng.
Here is a list of my publications
and preprints, together with slides from some talks.
Look me up on Google Scholar
Conferences and workshops
Where I will be
- 7–9 June 2017: Journées Algophantiennes Bordelaises 2017, Bordeaux, France
- 3–7 July 2017: Rational Points 2017, Schney, Germany
- 11–15 September 2017: Diophantine Problems (DIOP), Manchester, UK
- 9–13 October 2017: Topics in Arithmetic and Algebraic Geometry, Mainz, Germany
- 23–27 October 2017: Constructing cryptographic multilinear maps, AIM, San José, California, USA
Where I have been
- 26–30 September 2016: Rational Points and Algebraic Geometry, CIRM, Luminy, France
- 4–8 April 2016: Explicit Methods in Number Theory: conference in honour of John Cremona's 60th birthday, Warwick, UK
- 28 June–5 July 2015: Rational Points 2015, Schney, Germany
- 25–29 May 2015: Rational Points / Pontos Racionais at IMPA, Rio de Janeiro
- 12–16 May 2014: Workshop on Rational and integral points on higher-dimensional varieties at the American Institute of Mathematics in Palo Alto, Califorinia
- March 2014: Visiting the Mathematics Institute at the University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
- March 2014: Visiting the Department of Mathematics at the University of Bristol, UK
- February 2014: Visiting the Department of Mathematics at Rice University, Houston, Texas
Things I have organised
My PhD research (2002) involved doing some computations on diagonal
quartic surfaces. Here are
some bits of code and
Last modified: 26 April 2017