This is Martin Bright's mathematical home page.
I am a member of the Mathematisch
Instituut at the University of
Leiden in the Netherlands.
I work in the area of Diophantine equations and
arithmetic geometry, specifically on the Brauer–Manin
obstruction and related questions about rational points on varieties.
In the autumn of 2018 I am teaching Curves over Finite Fields. In the spring of 2019 I will be teaching Algebra 3 and the Mastermath course Elliptic Curves (jointly with Marco Streng).
Here is a list of my publications
and preprints, together with slides from some talks.
Notes from the Autumn School in Mainz, October 2017 are available here.
Look me up on Google Scholar
A draft version of some chapters from the book Geometry and Arithmetic of Surfaces,
which I am writing together with Ronald van Luijk and Damiano Testa, is
Conferences and workshops
Where I have been
- 2–6 July 2018: Rational Points on Schiermonnikoog, Schiermonnikoog, Netherlands
- 28 May–1 June 2018: Rational and Integral Points via Analytic and Geometric Methods, Oaxaca, Mexico
- 7–11 May 2018: An
Algebraic Approach to Multilinear Maps for Cryptography, Banff, Canada
- 2–4 May 2018: K3 surfaces and Galois representations, Shepperton, UK
- 23–27 October 2017: Constructing cryptographic multilinear maps, AIM, San José, California, USA
- 9–13 October 2017: Topics in Arithmetic and Algebraic Geometry, Mainz, Germany
- 11–15 September 2017: Diophantine Problems (DIOP), Manchester, UK
- 3–7 July 2017: Rational Points 2017, Schney, Germany
- 7–9 June 2017: Journées Algophantiennes Bordelaises 2017, Bordeaux, France
- 26–30 September 2016: Rational Points and Algebraic Geometry, CIRM, Luminy, France
- 4–8 April 2016: Explicit Methods in Number Theory: conference in honour of John Cremona's 60th birthday, Warwick, UK
Things I have organised
My PhD research (2002) involved doing some computations on diagonal
quartic surfaces. Here are
some bits of code and
Last modified: 10 October 2018