This is Martin Bright's mathematical home page.
I am a member of the Mathematisch
Instituut at the University of
Leiden in the Netherlands.
I work in the area of Diophantine equations and
arithmetic geometry, specifically on the Brauer–Manin
obstruction and related questions about rational points on varieties.
In the autumn of 2018 I am teaching Curves over Finite Fields. In the spring of 2019 I will be teaching Algebra 3 and the Mastermath course Elliptic Curves (jointly with Marco Streng).
Here is a list of my publications
and preprints, together with slides from some talks.
Notes from the Autumn School in Mainz, October 2017, now available here.
Look me up on Google Scholar
Conferences and workshops
Where I have been
- 2–6 July 2018: Rational Points on Schiermonnikoog, Schiermonnikoog, Netherlands
- 28 May–1 June 2018: Rational and Integral Points via Analytic and Geometric Methods, Oaxaca, Mexico
- 7–11 May 2018: An
Algebraic Approach to Multilinear Maps for Cryptography, Banff, Canada
- 2–4 May 2018: K3 surfaces and Galois representations, Shepperton, UK
- 23–27 October 2017: Constructing cryptographic multilinear maps, AIM, San José, California, USA
- 9–13 October 2017: Topics in Arithmetic and Algebraic Geometry, Mainz, Germany
- 11–15 September 2017: Diophantine Problems (DIOP), Manchester, UK
- 3–7 July 2017: Rational Points 2017, Schney, Germany
- 7–9 June 2017: Journées Algophantiennes Bordelaises 2017, Bordeaux, France
- 26–30 September 2016: Rational Points and Algebraic Geometry, CIRM, Luminy, France
- 4–8 April 2016: Explicit Methods in Number Theory: conference in honour of John Cremona's 60th birthday, Warwick, UK
Things I have organised
My PhD research (2002) involved doing some computations on diagonal
quartic surfaces. Here are
some bits of code and
Last modified: 13 August 2018